If you don't want to finish the data plan on your mobile right away, you can download movies and TV shows from Disney + and watch them offline. While you can't save movies and shows to your computer, you can download them to the mobile apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android.
How to download Disney + movies
- First, find and select a movie you want to save for offline playback. You can choose something from the homepage or use the app's various search and category functions to find a movie you like.
- Then, tap the Download button, which looks like an arrow pointing down.
- The movie will immediately start downloading to your iPhone, iPad or Android device. You can check the download by looking at the progress bar that replaces the Download button.
- Tap the Downloads tab to see all the movies and other content saved on your device.
- When the movie has finished downloading, select the Play button located at the top of the movie cover.
- Alternatively, you can tap the Fully Downloaded icon located to the right of the movie title. The button looks like a smart device with a check mark in the center of the screen.
- A pop-up will appear with several options. Select the "Play" link to start watching the movie.
How to download Disney + programs
The process of downloading TV shows within the Disney Plus app is almost identical to saving movies.
- To get started, select a series you want to keep for offline playback.
- Later, you can tap the Download button next to individual episodes or the Download button for the entire season.
- If you choose to download an entire season, a pop-up will appear at the bottom of the display, confirming that you want to save a certain number of episodes. Tap the "Download" button to proceed.
- The Download button icon will turn into a progress bar. You can select the Downloads tab to control everything that is downloaded to your iPhone, iPad or Android device.
- Each episode you download (even if there is only one) will be grouped by series. Tap the series to find a specific episode to watch.
- As with watching downloaded movies in the Disney + app, you can immediately switch to the video player by selecting the Play button at the top of the show cover.
- Alternatively, you can tap the smart device icon with the check mark in the center to open a new menu.
- In the pop-up menu, select the “Play” button to start watching the downloaded TV program.
How to delete downloaded Disney + movies and shows
When you reach the end of a downloaded movie or episode of a TV show, the Disney Plus app offers you a way to delete it. If you don't find this button or you exited the player before it appeared, you can delete the unwanted or watched movies and shows from the Downloads tab. Tap it to proceed.
The easiest way to remove a single downloaded item is to swipe left in the list and then select the Delete button that looks like a trash can.
The movie or TV show will be immediately deleted from your iPhone, iPad or Android device without any secondary confirmation pop-up.
You can also select multiple items to delete at the same time. To do this, tap the “Edit” button located in the upper right corner of the mobile app interface.
Then, check the box next to any movies or shows you want to delete. A text bar at the bottom of the app lets you know how many items have been selected and how much space will be freed once the items are removed.
Tap the Delete button that looks like a trash can to remove downloaded movies and TV shows from your device.
The same process works if you want to select and delete individual TV show episodes. All you have to do is select the series from the Downloads list. From there, tap the "Edit" button, choose the episodes you want to delete, then tap the Delete button.
- What is Disney Plus and how to use it
- How to download Disney Plus to your computer
- How to download Disney Plus on iPhone
- How to download Disney Plus on Chromecast
- How to watch Disney + on TV, phone and laptop
- How to download Disney Plus on Apple TV