Here's everything you need to know about how to delete a group or channel on Telegram.
If you are done with your Telegram channel or group, you can permanently delete it. This means that the channel or group will no longer be accessible and all chats and messages will disappear forever.
If you are at the point where you want to delete your Telegram channel or group, this article will help you.
Here is a step by step guide on how to delete your Telegram channel or group.
NB: If you delete your Telegram group or channel, it disappears forever. Telegram will instantly delete all messages, links and media files permanently.
Should you delete your Telegram channel or group?
If you're asking yourself this question in the first place, you should. There are several reasons why you might want to delete your channel or group. One of these could be due to inactivity.
Honestly, growing a Telegram channel or maintaining a Telegram group is a tedious task. It's not something you've set up once and for all. You still have to work hard to ensure engagement and update your followers on any new developments.
Another reason could be if you wish. Lack of members could also be a factor.
How to delete your Telegram channel and group
You can delete your Telegram channel and group via any platform where you can use Telegram. Remember, once you delete your Telegram channel and group, you can't go back. It will go away forever.
How to delete your Telegram channel and group on Android
If you want to delete your channel or group in the Telegram app for Android, the process is simple.
Follow these steps to delete your Telegram channel on the app.
- Open your Telegram channel.
- Tap the channel display photo at the top.
- Tap the edit icon.
- Select Delete channel down.
- Then, select the checkbox Delete for all subscribers and touch Delete channel to finish.
To delete a Telegram group on Android, follow these steps:
- Open the group.
- Select the group display photo.
- Tap the edit icon at the top right.
- Awards Delete and leave the group .
- Select the checkbox Delete the group for all members I awarded Delete group to finish.
How to delete your Telegram channel and group on iOS
On iOS, the process of deleting a channel is slightly different than on Android.
- Open your Telegram channel.
- At the top, tap your channel display photo.
- Tap the three-dot menu next to your channel name.
- Select Delete channel dal popup.
- Tap again Delete channel to confirm.
To delete a group, however, you'll need to do what you can. On iOS, you can't delete a private Telegram group.
You may need to convert your private group to a public one first to make the group delete option available.
To advertise your group, open the group and tap the group view photo. Then, tap Modification and select Group type . Select Public and choose your custom group link. Touch end twice to save the changes.
Go back and update the group. Now, to delete your Telegram group, follow these steps:
- Tap the group view photo.
- Toccata Modification , then select Delete group .
- Confirm your action by tapping Delete group dal popup.
How to delete your Telegram channel and group on the desktop
- Open your Telegram channel or group. Click the channel or group name at the top to view the page Information on channel / group.
- Then, tap on the three-dot menu and select Manage channel / group dal pop-up.
- Scroll down and select Delete channel / group.
- Finally, click Delete to confirm.
Once you have confirmed that you want to delete your Telegram group or channel, Telegram will give you a six second window in which you can cancel the action. Tap Cancel if you want to keep your group or channel.