The American WhatsApp is the well-known instant messaging computer application, widely used by all of us now.
The contacts of each one increase, day by day, running the risk of having so many messages, to make the main screen of our device, full of chat.
You don't know where to start
It would not be bad, therefore, from time to time, to check and update all our message companions and, if necessary, also perform a good clean up.
The aim of this article will therefore be to explain how to go about it delete a contact from WhatsApp.
In this regard, we will provide all the information necessary to reorder WhatsApp contacts, both on:
How to delete a contact from WhatsApp
Before starting the discussion on how to delete a contact from WhatsApp, we must add that the app in question does not have a separate contact system, since it uses the names in the phone book, allowing you to keep in touch with the latter.
This means that it is possible to delete a name from WhatsApp, but only by deleting it also from the phone book.
As regards the PCInstead, you must not act on the Windows and macOS address books, as both the WhatsApp client for PC and WhatsApp Web mirror the chats, present in the smartphone app and refer to the telephone address book.
So let's start describing how to proceed on Android and iPhone.
How to delete a contact from WhatsApp on Android
With a smartphone Android, if we want to delete a contact from WhatsApp:
- start WhatsApp, so as to see the list of active conversations with the contacts in your address book,
- tap on Chat of the contact we intend to cancel,
- press the button ⋮ located at the top right,
- go to item Show contact, in the menu that is shown to us,
- press again on the button ⋮ located at the top right,
- I will select the voice View in the address book.
At this point:
- continue with the removal of the contact from the Contacts app,
- press the button ..., at the bottom right,
- confirm the operation by pressing the buttons Delete contact and OK.
How to delete a contact from WhatsApp on iPhone
Let's see now how delete a WhatsApp contact on iPhone:
- start the app,
- select the tab Chat at the bottom, to see the list of all active conversations,
- tap on the conversation relating to the contact to be deleted,
- press on contact name, up,
- press the button Modification which is located at the top right.
- scroll to the bottom of the screen that is shown,
- press on the option Delete contact twice consecutively, to confirm the desire to cancel the contact.
You can also do the same by opening the app Contacts:
- selecting the name of our interest,
- choosing the items related to edit,
- later those ofelimination of the same.
How to delete WhatsApp contact without deleting it from the address book
The fact of how to go about remains to be clarified delete a WhatsApp contact without deleting it from the address book.
As already mentioned, this dilemma cannot be solved, because WhatsApp contacts synchronize with those in the address book of your device.
A small chance there may however be acting from Android, iOS and also from PC.
To delete a WhatsApp chat on Android and iOS:
- keep your finger pressed on it,
- click on the icon basket (called Delete chat su iOS),
- confirm the operation by pressing the button Delete chat.
It is also possible to delete a chat from PC:
- I learn it,
- by pressing the ⋮ icon located in the upper right corner,
- selecting the option Delete chat per due turn consecutive.
How to delete a contact blocked by WhatsApp
that's how delete a blocked WhatsApp contact from us previously
- delete the contact from the address book of your device,
- by carrying out the exact same operations indicated in the previous chapter.
How to delete a contact on WhatsApp not present in the address book
delete a contact on WhatsApp that is not present in the address book:
- delete the chat relating to the user of our interest, acting as Android o iOS or from PC,
- carry out the exact same operations indicated in the previous chapter.
How to delete a group from WhatsApp
Finally how delete a group from WhatsApp:
- you can act from Android, from iOS and PC,
- locate and press on group chat, that we want to delete via the WhatsApp app for:
- or from PC,
- via the WhatsApp desktop client or WhatsApp Web.
- press on group name up,
- from the new menu press the button Leave group, to get out,
- press on group name,
- I will select the voice Delete group twice in a row, to permanently cancel it.