How to cancel your Amazon Prime membership. You have decided to deactivate Amazon Prime but you don't know how to do it, well then start reading. You can unsubscribe from Amazon Prime at any time with just a few clicks on your account. Retail is rapidly moving online. If you need something, you will surely find it on Amazon. Hence, it is only natural that people want to know all the benefits that this huge platform offers.
How to cancel your Amazon Prime membership
Many people opt for an Amazon Prime free trial. You may have tried it too. But there is a small problem with this option. Once the trial period has expired, Amazon will automatically charge you for a full year of subscription. If you can't cancel it early. Fortunately, the deletion process isn't complicated at all. This article will show you how. Here's how to unsubscribe from Prime.
It might interest you: How to watch Amazon Prime Video on TV
1. How long is left for the Amazon Prime free trial to end?
The clock starts ticking as soon as the free trial starts. After activating the option, Amazon Prime will allow you to use all the subscription benefits for free. After 30 days, Amazon will automatically charge you for an annual Amazon Prime subscription. If you're not going to continue, you need to react quickly. Fortunately, you can easily check how much time you have left at the end of the free trial. Follow these instructions:
- Go to the official Amazon webpage.
- Log into your account at the top right of the screen.
- Hover over the “Hello, [your name]” drop-down menu. It's in the same place where the login button was.
- Choose the “Your Prime Membership” menu from the list. This should take you to your account screen.
- Find the "Next Payment" section on the left side of the Sign Up menu. Here you can see how much time remains at the end of the Amazon Prime free trial.
If you think you have forgotten the date, you can click the "Remind me before renewing" button. If so, Amazon will send you an email three days before the trial period expires as a reminder.
2. How to cancel the Amazon Prime free trial?
After discovering that Amazon Prime may charge you for a full year of membership, most people rush to unsubscribe.
However, this is not possible (or necessary). Instead, you can choose not to continue your membership after the trial period ends.
This means that you can still use all of the Amazon Prime benefits before the trial period expires. At the end of the period, Amazon will not automatically renew your membership. Here's how to do it:
- Follow steps 1-3 from the previous section. This should take you to your Prime account.
- Select the “Do not continue my free trial” option at the bottom left of the page.
- Click the “End my benefits” button on the next page.
This will stop the automatic renewal. However, you can still enjoy your favorite shows until the free trial ends.
Read also: How to watch Amazon Prime Video on Chromecast
3. How to deactivate your Amazon Prime subscription
If you are already a member of Amazon Prime, you can cancel your subscription at any time. The process is relatively simple and only takes a few steps.
- Follow the steps from the previous sections to access your Amazon Prime membership screen.
- Click on the “End Membership and Benefits” button at the bottom left of the screen.
- Confirm your decision by clicking "End my benefits" on the next screen.
You can also use the instructions in the previous section to get a reminder of your membership renewal date.
4. The Consequences of Unsubscribing from Amazon Prime
You may be wondering what happens to your money if your cancellation is done a little late. Well, there are two possibilities.
If you haven't used any benefits, you are entitled to a full refund. Therefore, you don't lose money.
On the other hand, things get complicated if you have used your benefits without knowing that the trial period has expired. If so, you have a three-day window from your renewal to unsubscribe. However, Amazon may still charge you some of the money for the benefits you have used.
If you used Prime benefits after this three day window, you will not receive your refund. Therefore, you can continue to use it until the next renewal.
5. Avoid complications by tracking your dates
As you can see, it's relatively easy to cancel your Amazon Prime membership. The problem arises if you forget the deadline and continue to use the benefits.
However, there is an easy way to prevent any inconvenience. If you constantly follow the expiration date, you can avoid this error. Amazon also provides reminders so that you are always up to date with the trial period.
Additionally, Amazon offers a full refund if you mistakenly took out a full membership. So even if you are a little careless, you can still fix the error.
Read on: Amazon Prime does not work, let's see how to solve the problems
- Amazon Prime: how to share an account with family and friends
- How to Watch Amazon Prime Videos on Android
- How to watch Amazon Prime Video on Apple TV
- How to enable (and disable) subtitles on Amazon Prime Video
- How to watch Amazon Prime Video on TV